Long-Term After-Care For Mobile Spray Tans
Many people don’t realize that after-care for airbrush tans involves a lot more than simply caring for them in the first couple of days to avoid streaking. If you really want your new tan to last as long as possible, you need to think about the long-term care of this type of tan. For instance, you know to avoid water for the first couple of days. But, there are many other things you can do to extend the life of your new tan. For great resources on mobile spray tans visit GothamGlow.com.
- Don’t Rub Dry – When you get out of the tub or shower, don’t rub yourself dry with the towel. Instead, use a towel to pat your skin dry. Rubbing is going to exfoliate the mobile spray tan right off your skin, and you don’t want that.
- Do Not Exfoliate – Speaking of exfoliation, do not do it at all, even if it is part of your regular beauty routine. Again, this is just going to cause your tan to fade a lot faster than it should.
- Do Not Use Scented Products – You can use soap after your first rinse during subsequent showers. A mild, non-abrasive soap is best to make sure that you don’t end up exfoliating some of your new tan right off.
- Avoid Leg Shaving – It is best to make sure that your legs are shaved just before you get your airbrush tan. Shaving afterwards can cause exfoliation, which as you know is like a death sentence to a new airbrush tan. Avoid using hair removal products on your legs and bikini line as well, because they will completely strip away the tan.
- Avoid Peroxide – Try not to use any face-washing products that contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. They will cause your new tan to fade, and the more you use these products the faster the fading will be. Instead of these harsh products, try using cleansers that are gentle.
- Avoid Acne Treatments – If you tend to use acne products such as spot treatments, stop using them while you have your artificial tan. The chemicals in these products can eat away at the tan.
- Use a Good Moisturizer – Lotion is key to keeping your tan in But, it must be oil-free, as well as any sunscreen, which is also important to use.
- While you should avoid scented lotions and harsh products, it is important that you use a good moisturizer after getting an airbrush tan. It will actually help the tan to last longer and protect it from fading. Try using a product that has an SPF, so if you have to be out in the sun your skin has protection, and wear an additional sunscreen. Use your moisturizer once or twice each day, starting after you have your first shower after tanning.
- Avoid Chlorine Pools – It is a good idea to avoid swimming, especially in chlorine pools, for the first day or two after getting a tan. This is because the chemicals in the pool water can cause significant fading to airbrush tans.
When you do finally notice that your mobile spray tan is beginning to fade, you can start exfoliating your skin again. This is going to prepare your skin for your next tanning session.