How To Take Great Care Of Woollen-Garments?
Woolen-fabric is very much special and thus you need to preserve the same well. Best preservation or storage methods need to be chosen in order to keep the yarn quality intact.
Key caring tips:
Woollen-garments made from high-quality yarn need special care. In this respect, you need to implement some of the best maintenance-strategies for making the garments maintained for many years. Few special care treatments that are necessary for preserving both quality and texture of woollen-garments are as follows:
- Emptying pockets are very much essential in order to invite inconvenient washing of woollen-garments. In this way, unwanted bulging or sagging can be easily avoided.
- Soft-bristled brush designed especially for woolen-garments needs to be used in this respect. Stain-creating loose-wastes especially dirt, soils and others can be easily cleaned by using these brushes. Brushes with long-handles should be chosen so that they can be used with greater convenience especially at the time of cleaning the garments.
- Suitable hangers can be used for hanging these garments well. In this way, unwanted odours especially food-odours, cigarette-smells and other related ones can be easily eliminated from the same. You should hang the garments only in fresh-air. You can also put the towel on these garments after laying them down properly on the bed.
- You should always make careful storage of these garments otherwise you will not be able to use the same for long. You should make them folded nicely in order to preserve the fiber flexibility and strength. You can use either highly padded or fully shaped coat-hangers for storing these garments. These garments can be now comfortably stored in spacious drawers.
- After one-time usage, you should give a gap of at least 24-hours before next usage. This kind of strategy will surely maintain the wool-texture well. This time is needed mainly for wool-recovery. The garment will regain its original shape or structure during this time. Natural-resilience of woollen-garments can be now easily maintained with the implementation of this specific strategy.
- Steamy-bathrooms can be now chosen as one of the best places for hanging woollen-garments neatly. The fiber will become refreshed due to steamy effects. On the other hand, fiber-wrinkles can be now removed easily and conveniently with the absorption of steam-moisture.
- Direct heat or scorching sunlight is really very much harmful to Wool-made garments. Therefore, after washing you should never put your woollen-garments under sunlight for drying purpose. The fiber will get severely damaged and shrink.
- Steam-pressing is the best way to keep the fabric in intact condition but you should never iron the same. Wool-setting needs to be chosen so that proper pressing can be done. Ironing can make your fiber drier and thus it needs to be strictly avoided by experts.
- If you are going to pack your woollen-garments for a long-term after winter passes away then you should clean them thoroughly first. Only cleaned garments can be stored well. Airtight-bags need to be used in this regard. Moth-repellent can be safely placed around.
If you want to get the best wool-garments then you have to choose the right yarn. In this respect, you can surely receive assistance from experts.